Memorial Day

AP Photo/Susan Walsh (breitbart.com)
It's not about the cookouts. It's not about the 3 day beach weekends. It's not about the 50% off sales.

Did you forget that?

Here's a reminder, America.

Memorial Day is a day of honor and remembrance. It's a day that is set aside for those that gave it all. It's a reminder that the sacrifice that those soldiers made for our country will never be in vain. They're lives and memory will not go unnoticed.

It's a reminder of how blessed we are to be Americans--and may we never take that for granted.

Memorial Day is a day dedicated to the brave men and women that fought for our nation but will never feel our great country beneath their feet again...they gave everything. They displayed a love and dedication for the United States that I will forever be grateful for. My heart aches for their loved ones.... My heart aches that such beautiful lives were lost.... I have the utmost respect for the sacrifice they gave for our beautiful America.


Memorial Day is in remembrance of those lives...the lives of true American heroes. They gave it all. Not one of us can say the same.

Those soldiers are deserving of a day dedicated to them. They're deserving of so much more than that.

I hope that not a day goes by that we don't remember how blessed we are to live in this nation. And I hope that not a day goes by that we forget the incredible sacrifice that so many have made in order for that to be possible.

I wish that I could shake the hand of every soldier we have lost.

I wish that I could look each one in the eye and say, "thank you."

So, while you're enjoying your weekend, your hotdogs and beer, your day off, your sales....don't forget to take the time to remember why you're able to enjoy those things. Don't forget the meaning behind this national holiday. Don't forget to remember those that gave it all.

Here's to our heroes. May we live every Memorial Day, and every day in between, remembering and honoring the sacrifice they made. I'll forever be grateful and in awe of their bravery.




No comments :

Post a Comment