NYC: Shania, Pizza, Shopping, Oh My!

So….long time no post. I could go on and on about why I haven't been keeping up with blogging but to be honest, there is no good excuse. But I've finally made my way back to the blog and am excited to start posting a lot more.  Make sure you subscribe to my blog with your email address to be notified every time a new post is up! (:  With all that being said, today I wanted to share a little glimpse of a recent trip I took to NYC with you all.

Last week my best friend came to visit me and we took a mini trip up to New York City.  NYC is a big tourist spot, obviously, but we had one HUGE reason for making our way up there: Shania. Twain. I repeat. Shania. Twain.  We are both big Shania fans to say the least and were super stoked to be headed to Madison Square Garden for Shania Twain's Rock This Country Tour.

Since we were headed to NYC for the concert we had to take advantage of the shopping and pizza while there. I mean, we'd be crazy not to right?! First stop after checking into our hotel? Don Antonio's for our first taste of New York pizza. Don Antonio's is located on W 50th and 8th if you ever happen to find yourself in the city. My uncle, aunt, and cousins had recently visited and recommended Don Antonio's to us and it definitely did not disappoint (SO GOOD).  Few words were spoken after the pizza was put down on our table other than the occasional, "Wow, this is so good."



Up until the concert that night, we spent the rest of our day walking around the city and doing some shopping. Walking around New York City was such a change in pace for me, having lived in mainly small towns my whole life. I tried to imagine living there and have to admit that I don't think it's for me. (It's fun to walk around and pretend though right?) We walked all the way down to Central Park which was a good distance from our hotel. It was a day filled with a ton of walking in general, which was probably good considering the pizza we had devoured. 
I was especially excited to go in the Kate Spade store on Madison. The store was so pretty and I definitely wanted to buy everything including the chandeliers and pink couches, meant for trying on shoes upstairs. I couldn't help but snap a few pictures (obvious tourist to all the locals).




After day dreaming of owning everything in Kate Spade, we stopped to take pictures of the New York Palace Hotel. This is where Serena van der Woodsen, Blake Lively's character of the tv show Gossip Girl lived. 

Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel to relax for a bit and then get ready for the concert (Shania Twain playing in the background of course).  The excitement had officially set in (more so than the previous few months leading up to then).  After getting ready, stop #1 was Starbucks for caffeine and stop #2 was Madison Square Garden. We got there way early and were two of a very few number of people that had already taken their seats in the venue 45 minutes before the opening act….the anticipation was real. But we also made sure to purchase these ridiculously great t-shirts before finding our seats. Can we just take a moment to appreciate these for a second? 


Gavin DeGraw opened and before we knew it we were singing along with Shania from the third row of Madison Square Garden! It was the best concert and was so much fun! As soon as it was over we were wishing we could do it all over again! 





The next morning was spent doing a little more shopping and walking around the city before heading back home. We went to the huge three story Forever21 and the stopped for lunch at Panera.  As much fun as we had in New York, we were exhausted from walking all over the place at this point and were ready to make our way back to the train station and head back home. It was a short trip but filled with so much fun!  

Thanks for stopping by and reading! Hope you enjoyed this post/little glimpse into my mini NYC trip!
(:










No comments :

Post a Comment